General RV, Dover (Tampa), FL... New unit, never off the lot, damaged
We bought a new 2015 Sanibel 3601 on Feb.10 from General RV in Dover (Tampa), FL, and were unable to take it off the lot because the front slide mechanism was damaged and it was not safe to move it.
It's now Feb. 28 and we still don't have possession because it's "close to being fixed...", according to what the operations manager emailed us "...but we have you scheduled to pick it up on Wed., March 4...". We don't trust that it's fixed properly so we hired an RV Inspector to accompany us to make sure that everything is functioning as it should. We provided to him a video and photos of the malfunctioning slide and he believes it sit on the lot for months with the slide partially open and possibly has mold inside.
- Back story: We discovered the malfunctioning slide as we did the PDI but were told by the service manager that it "just needs an adjustment". Foolishly, we believed him and went inside to sign the contract. When they moved it from their gated area to the outside lot, the slide was open and we were rushed to move our items from our trade in to the Sanibel. Unfortunately for us, it didn't close any better than it had before.
In Florida, there is not a Lemon Law for rvs and a contract becomes valid at signing, not at taking physical possession. So we're stuck with this unit. We're a retired couple so making a legal issue out of this would be financially impossible for us. Note: during all the time they were attempting the repairs, we only received one update, on Feb.
13. It took many calls to Forest River to finally prompt someone at GRV to contact us...the first contact being an email on Feb.
26.Extremely poor customer service by GRV!
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- 2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3601
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "After purchasing a 2016 Coachmen 378RE, the following quality concerns with the manufacturer and the dealer were discovered. • Coachmen RV has an ineffective quality program. • Coachmen RV warranty resolution process has not..."
- "This is my brand new jayco pinnacle Rv bought in January 2015 it is also a 2015 Rv after one trip you can see how big the stress crack was..."
- "Bought a 31 ft chateau 2008 was told I would recieve a packet of manuals then after purchase was told to go online and print them. Asked them if they..."
- "I stopped by the Drive Thru at 2016 50th Street Tampa, Florida at 5:00 PM and placed an order for Chicken soft Taco and a Beefy Fritos Burrito. When the..."
- " I bought two spa packages for myself and my sister at A Renewed Spirit Massage in St. Petersburg, FL. I have not seen my sister for many years and..."
- "I had this company come out today for a free second opinion and quote. The technician, Andrew, came out promptly and began discussing with my boyfriend the options to repair..."
- "I have recently purchased 128GB "FASTER" brand memory cards, 8 in total, over 4 separate orders @ a cost of $17.99 ea. The problem is that ALL of these memory..."
- "I purchased a box of crackers and each pack had what looked like and crumbled like peanut butter. I was completely disappointed and call the manufacturer and they stated it..."
- "I bought a dress worth £99 plus £21 for the delivery, it was never delivered and they just want to refund me 40 % of the dress value, when I..."