General RV, Dover (Tampa), FL... New unit, never off the lot, damaged
We bought a new 2015 Sanibel 3601 on Feb.10 from General RV in Dover (Tampa), FL, and were unable to take it off the lot because the front slide mechanism was damaged and it was not safe to move it.
It's now Feb. 28 and we still don't have possession because it's "close to being fixed...", according to what the operations manager emailed us "...but we have you scheduled to pick it up on Wed., March 4...". We don't trust that it's fixed properly so we hired an RV Inspector to accompany us to make sure that everything is functioning as it should. We provided to him a video and photos of the malfunctioning slide and he believes it sit on the lot for months with the slide partially open and possibly has mold inside.
- Back story: We discovered the malfunctioning slide as we did the PDI but were told by the service manager that it "just needs an adjustment". Foolishly, we believed him and went inside to sign the contract. When they moved it from their gated area to the outside lot, the slide was open and we were rushed to move our items from our trade in to the Sanibel. Unfortunately for us, it didn't close any better than it had before.
In Florida, there is not a Lemon Law for rvs and a contract becomes valid at signing, not at taking physical possession. So we're stuck with this unit. We're a retired couple so making a legal issue out of this would be financially impossible for us. Note: during all the time they were attempting the repairs, we only received one update, on Feb.
13. It took many calls to Forest River to finally prompt someone at GRV to contact us...the first contact being an email on Feb.
26.Extremely poor customer service by GRV!
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- 2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3601
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I now exactly what you mean' Jason Brewer is nothing but a big fat 2 faced liar!!! along with Nathan Hedges. I just can't believe the poor quality and carelessness..."
- "We purchased a new 2010 Outback 30 ft travel trailer by Keystone. Approximately 2 years after purchase the decals starting peeling off. Keystone said they only have a 1 yr..."
- "No gate. No ranger at entrance. No security. At the store I was asked to produce registration for my truck, registration for my camper, proof of insurance for truck, proof..."
- "I went to Aspen Dental to get dental services, I asked to have my tooth extracted one of the Dentist said I needed to have a Root Canal. I said..."
- "“Ask Option Binary Option Broker at askoption.com will not let me withdraw my own money. Here is my current balance as of 01/16/17 Total pending withdrawals amount: $11,727.00 Amount available..."
- "We canceled our service with WALMART Family Mobile in November 2016 and had the cell number ported to another provider. WALMART has continued to bill us without explanation and is..."
- "We have 3 different "rooms" of furniture from Rooms To Go. The first was purchased less than 5 years ago ... and the chair is peeling so bad ......"
- "My husband purchased a heart diamond in 1993 from Kay’s and we have been getting it reset occasionally. Oct. 2014 he had it reset at Jared, associate of Kay’s,..."
- "On August 31st, my sink was clogged and i contacted Plumbing Rescue after my efforts to undrain the sink failed. They came out the same day and had to..."