We bought a new 2015 Sanibel 3601 on Feb.10 from General RV in Dover (Tampa), FL, and were unable to take it off the lot because the front slide mechanism was damaged and it was not safe to move it.
It's now Feb. 28 and we still don't have possession because it's "close to being fixed...", according to what the operations manager emailed us "...but we have you scheduled to pick it up on Wed., March 4...". We don't trust that it's fixed properly so we hired an RV Inspector to accompany us to make sure that everything is functioning as it should. We provided to him a video and photos of the malfunctioning slide and he believes it sit on the lot for months with the slide partially open and possibly has mold inside.
- Back story: We discovered the malfunctioning slide as we did the PDI but were told by the service manager that it "just needs an adjustment". Foolishly, we believed him and went inside to sign the contract. When they moved it from their gated area to the outside lot, the slide was open and we were rushed to move our items from our trade in to the Sanibel. Unfortunately for us, it didn't close any better than it had before.
In Florida, there is not a Lemon Law for rvs and a contract becomes valid at signing, not at taking physical possession. So we're stuck with this unit. We're a retired couple so making a legal issue out of this would be financially impossible for us. Note: during all the time they were attempting the repairs, we only received one update, on Feb.
13. It took many calls to Forest River to finally prompt someone at GRV to contact us...the first contact being an email on Feb.
26.Extremely poor customer service by GRV!
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- 2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3601
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I have a 2011 Keystone Springdale 29 RLS travel trailer and found corrosion holes about 2 inches from the roof and about 2 feet from the front of..."
- " I almost died! 11-15-2015 My 2015 open range light bunkhouse had an electrical fire. The motor to the electric jack was on fire catching the plastic propane tank..."
- "First off, I am calling B.S. on many of these reviews that all seem to have been written by the same, uneducated, illiterate troll with an obvious agenda. The..."
- "The other day I filled out a request for information from a specific used car dealer about a used BMW 3 Series I wanted to purchase for my girlfriend. ..."
- "Sandy Solomon SCAMMED us with over billing, double billing and charges above expected while sending methodically so many invoices that it was impossible to follow up on and check. We recommend:..."
- "I Purchased a A/C unit from the above website on 8/18/2011. The unit comes with a 2 yr warranty. All goes well for 1.5 yrs. I am very pleased with..."
- "I CAN NOT MAKE THESE PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT WHAT I RECEIVED WAS NOT WHAT I ORDERED. THEY JUST KEEP TELLING ME THAT ACCORDING TO THE RECEIPT THAT MY ORDER WAS..."
- "Yesterday, I dropped my mother at the DFW Airport to take a flight on Etihad. From what I see, I find Etihad to be the most deceitful airline company ever...."
- "Unpacked my purchases. Put the packet on my dresser along with other items in the bag. Later came back to put purchases away. The packet was stuck to my dresser...."